Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Colors in Paint dialog reversed

[RESOLVED]

Using irfanview 4.36 with plugins, on Win XP Pro.

I've used irfanview about 15 years. I don't know when this problem started, as I've discovered the Edit> Paint dialog only recently. The right mouse button paints with the foreground color, and the left mouse button paints with the background color. I can't find anything in the directions for changing them back. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling. It's not my mouse because it works fine in every other program.
    Last edited by imagefixer; 01.06.2015, 04:28 PM.
    Win 7 Ultimate SP1, latest Iview

No such problem here, and never heard anything like this before. Maybe you selected the eraser?

4.38 is the latest version. Why are you still using an old version?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Just updated, and the problem persists. And no, I've never chosen or used the eraser. Could it be a corrupt profile?

Comment

Since you've only just discovered the Paint Dialog in IrfanPaint I can only assume that you're confused about which is the foreground colour, and which is the background colour. The foreground colour is the swatch that is in front. The background colour is yellow in my screen shot.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 01.06.2015, 06:58 PM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

You've got it! In Paint Shop Pro, which I've used for over 15 years, the foreground is always on top + in front. Thanks.
          Last edited by imagefixer; 01.06.2015, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X