Correcting Perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correcting Perspective

Here is a tough request. I have a lot of photos of paintings where it was impossible to take the picture square on due to many reasons such as lighting and picture placement in the room. I would like to be able to draw a quadrilateral over the image and have a tool that would turn it into a rectangle by stretching as needed. If this is too difficult then I would like to be able to stretch one side relative to the other then I can use several steps to fix the image.

Dale

Go and install the latest version (4.38) + Plugins, then you'll find exactly that under

Image --> Adobe 8bf Plugins --> Perspective Transformations

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Originally posted by jazzman View Post
      Go and install the latest version (4.38) + Plugins, then you'll find exactly that under

Image --> Adobe 8bf Plugins --> Perspective Transformations
      Thank you. I had a really difficult time finding this download but finally was able. So much advertising and false download choices.

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by DaleDe View Post
        Thank you. I had a really difficult time finding this download but finally was able. So much advertising and false download choices.

Dale
        I don't see any problem at the recommended download site at fileforum for the plugins. There's an advertiser's download link at the bottom of the page, but the main one at the top of the page just works without any hassles. From where did you try to download the plugins?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Worth noting that you do not have to install all the Plugins if you only want a few.
          Just go to the main Irfanview site here
          and click on "PlugIns" from the list on the left hand side of the page. There you will find links that allow various smaller sets of Plugins to be downloaded either as ZIP files or self extracting EXE executable files.

For the 8BF filters that include Perspective Transformations the link to the self extracting executable file is here.

Comment

Working...
          X