Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blur areas of a picture via advancebatch

Hello together,

i carry a private webcam. based on privacy security i would like to blur some small areas of a picture. The pictures renew every 10 minutes so that i am looking for an automated solution. Via advancebatch there are many thing possible, but i do not find to maintain spcific areas of a picture. could somebody give me a hint where i could find a solution for my request? Or is it not possible with irfanview?

bye

Stefan

The best idea I can think of at the moment is to use the Text overlay. The hard part is finding a font and character string that will fully obscure the underling picture.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

If you absolute have to use IV to this purpose, I suggest learning Autohotkey.

Just to tell what's possible - I've made a ahk script to manually paint (in Windows MS Paint) a section of the screen, using only pencil tool. Therefore it should be possible to do a similar task in IV (with less coding in your case).
      If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

Comment

if´ve bought an alternative: winautomation (www.winautomation.com) - there you can automate everything ;-) nevertheless it would be much more easyier in the creation process if i can use irfanview batch.....

Comment

As you have probably discovered you can apply an effect such as Blur to just a small rectangular area of your picture by drawing a selection box around the area on screen before applying it.
          I know of no way of drawing the box on screen while using /advancebatch or /effect options from a Command line, though.

I mentioned the /effect option because that allows you to use any of the effects from the Effects Browser. Most of us find that with modern high resolution images the standard Irfanview Blur filter is almost useless even at its maximum setting. Blur 2 in the Effects browser is better but still not good enough for what I usually want, and I have to repeat it a number of times to get the degree of blur I need. Also, if you just want to disguise the area of image, you may prefer the Fragment or Pixelize effects instead and you cannot apply those from /advancedbatch.

So you would have to use a scripting language which, at the least, could open a standard Irfanview GUI window and send keystrokes to it. I use Visual Basic script (VBS) to do that sort of work because of its similarity to the Microsoft Office VBA macro language, which I also work with, and sometimes AutoIt which is based on VBS but adds a lot more functionality including simulating Mouse actions. I have not used Autohotkey which Sprint Driver proposes nor WinAutomation.

Keystroke sequences which may be useful if you go this way are Shift+C, S (to save the size and position of the selection box, which you can then open again in the same position with Shift+C, Enter). Ctrl+E, Enter will open the Effects browser and apply the filter last used along with its settings and, should you want to use an 8bf filter, Ctrl+K, Shiftbar will open the last used 8bf. If you are lucky you might then be able to Apply it just by sending Enter but for many 8bf filters you would have to work out how to manipulate the settings before you can apply them.

Finally, should you want to leave the selection sharp and blur the surrounds, you could do that with a sequence like: Shift+C, Enter (to apply the selection), Ctrl+C (to save the area in the selection to the Clipboard), Ctrl+A (to remove the selection from the screen), Ctrl+E, Enter (to apply the filter to the whole image), Shift+C, Enter again (to put the selection box back) and Ctrl+V (to paste the sharp area back in place).

Comment

IrfanView Sandbox has a blur effect that at it's highest setting, radius 10 and quality 10, should sufficiently mask an area.

You could easily mock up a script that blurs everything but the area you wish to see.

However, at present I believe it is not possible to run the Sandbox from command line parameter, as the effect is a plug-in and not an effect in IV's built-in effects browser. I could be wrong though.
            IrfanView Filter Sandbox - Create and share your own image filters and effects.

Comment

I had looked at the Sandbox blur effect jewe but it did not seem to be much better than those in the Effects browser. I was experimenting with a 500x500 selection box on an image taken with a 10MPixel camera. The effect was certainly not strong enough to make an object in the box unrecognisable or unreadable which is what I assume the OP wants. I do not really think that Blur is the best effect for that actually. It would take a very strong blur effect to do the job.

Comment

One solution would be to add a watermark image over the area that you want to obscure. That can be done in a batch process, and positioned wherever you want relative to any corner of the image.
                Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
                  I had looked at the Sandbox blur effect jewe but it did not seem to be much better than those in the Effects browser. I was experimenting with a 500x500 selection box on an image taken with a 10MPixel camera. The effect was certainly not strong enough to make an object in the box unrecognisable or unreadable which is what I assume the OP wants. I do not really think that Blur is the best effect for that actually. It would take a very strong blur effect to do the job.
                  Yes, you're completely right. On a 10 MP image, 10x10 pixel blur would not have much of an effect.

Doesn't IV have a 'mosaic' effect for this? Because that is usually the effect used to 'censor' areas from an image. I think I will add one to the next version of the Sandbox.
                  IrfanView Filter Sandbox - Create and share your own image filters and effects.

Comment

There is a Pixelize Effect.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X