Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reporting Error handling .MOV video files (see also in Support)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Reporting Error handling .MOV video files (see also in Support)

Problem with latest version? Had installed 64bit version.
    Don't often get .MOV videos, but when I did - it wouldn't play with Irfanview, I got just an error..
    After much debugging, I finally think I have some of the problem.

Both MP4 & MOV are displayed by my Microsoft Media Player. Even when I have those videos displayed through a browser.
    Irfanview does display the MP4, but I get that error with a .MOV video.

I cleared the checks in Options>Properties/Settings>extentions> MOV and MP4 to be blank
    I then reset the ASSOC .MOV=.mov=WMP11.AssocFile.MOV <--- which SHOULD hand it off to Windows Media to show
    and reset the ASSOC for .MP4 similarly.

Irfanview passes off the MP4 to Windows Media, but the MOV still causes an error.

When the ASSOC's are reexamined, .MP4 is still as I set it (to Windows)
    But Irfanview RESETS the ASSOC .MOV back to ".mov=irfanview.mov" !!!!

Now it's possible Irfanview is missing the CODEC for .MOV files, but with the box unchecked, why does it change it back from Media!?!
    It shouldn't be touching the ASSOC !

I uninstalled my 64bit Irfanview and the addon pack (they were the latest), and installed the new 32bit and reinstalled the pack (no 64bit package?),
    and the problem still occurs ..

Bob K.

Additional to Video issue.

Turns out, even when Video is NOT selected in the options, Irfanview STILL finds and displays all videos in Thumbnail view..
    Then - when clicked, shows that "standard" video error message for .MOV & .MP4 files, even though the ASSOC value points
    to Windows Media..
    I now am sure it was the latest release that broke this.

Comment

Have you reported the bug to Irfan? He doesn't read this user-to-user forum.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
      X