X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default opening window size capability?

Hello
    I have a question,
    Is there a way for me to set an IV window (Less than full screen) to open to a default size EVERY time I open IV?

If I resize my window during working with IV and close it and then open it again, it opens in the size I closed it. No problem, been doing that for years. But over the last several years I have a tendency to size it at exactly (the right) half of my screen when I am skimming through a fresh download of photos. The Left side of my screen is there for opening up a second instance of IV to compare pixels between two photos. Other than making sure I close my last open IV window at the proper size, I have to resize the window again to make it the "right half of screen" again.

The window placement would be nice, but I would do a little dance at my desk https://irfanview-forum.de/images/smilies/biggrin.png if the exact same size window came up every time.

Am I missing something? I don't think so, but even after a decade plus of IV, I might be.

Cheers,
    Rob't

In Windows 7 at least, if not earlier versions, you don't need to resize anything. Simply drag the title bar and snap the window to the left or right side of the screen. Window Key + Let/Right cursor will do the same if you prefer to use the keyboard instead of the mouse.

There's also a setting in Properties, Viewing, to save the last used window size/position on exit.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      In Windows 7 at least, if not earlier versions, you don't need to resize anything. Simply drag the title bar and snap the window to the left or right side of the screen. Window Key + Let/Right cursor will do the same if you prefer to use the keyboard instead of the mouse.

There's also a setting in Properties, Viewing, to save the last used window size/position on exit.
      The Properties --> Viewing, (in IV) I have set. Use that in the lack of an IV Setting for the original request mentioned above of a "Default Open Size"

But Happy Dance here!!! I didn't know Windows "Snap" did that. I use Snap all the time to go full screen, Title Bar bump to Top, or top to bottom full when I bump the bottom edge of my window to the bottom of the monitor.
      Really, I felt like an eight year old finding the lost Lego piece!!!

THANK YOU!
      Rob't

Comment

Working...
      X