Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V. 4.41 Paint dialog automatically closes on Save?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V. 4.41 Paint dialog automatically closes on Save?

This is a change from 4.40 and I do not find it helpful since if one is editing an image with the Paint plug-in you must reload Paint after every intermediate save rather than just continue on from where you were. I realize the F12 shortcut makes it easy, but what's the point? --RBlan

I also noticed the change. Since the IrfanPaint plugin is no longer being developed, it may be a workaround that Irfan made to prevent some crashes.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

This action was in 4.40. It was discussed here only a few months ago and the OP reported that Irfan had confirmed that he introduced it to prevent Paint from interfering with the Save operation. There was no mention of the OP's request that the Paint plugin be automatically turned back on again when the Save operation was completed.

Comment

Saving closes the Paint Dialog

Originally posted by Mij View Post
        This action was in 4.40. It was discussed here only a few months ago and the OP reported that Irfan had confirmed that he introduced it to prevent Paint from interfering with the Save operation. There was no mention of the OP's request that the Paint plugin be automatically turned back on again when the Save operation was completed.
        I use Irfanview to edit some multi-page documents. Since there's no option to auto-save changes when you move to another page, I have to Save each time I edit a page then move to the next one. Since this change has been made, it's become much more cumbersome to edit multi-page documents.

Potential solutions:
        1. Re-open the Paint dialog after saving (I think this may have been rejected (?)
        2. Add a 'Paint Dialog' button the the button bar so us tablet users wouldn't have to clicky-click the menu after each save

Thanks so much for an awesome program!

Comment

You could also extract all pages, edit them, then recombine into a new multipage tiff. That would be less error-prone.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 03.02.2017, 10:50 PM.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Unfortunately the number of documents plus the time needed to perform the extra processes involved in your suggestion would make this an untenable method.

A quick way of keeping Paint active or re-activating it after saving would be much better.

Comment

Working...
            X