X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug Thumbnails crashes in Ver. 4.41

I started it here (Support german):

but I think now that it is really a bug and it fits better here.

Returning to Ver. 4.40 the issue does not appear anymore...

Regards,
    Wolfgang

I read the previous post using the Bing Translation, but I am none the wiser as to what the bug is supposed to be.

Under what circumstances does IrfanView 4.41 Thumbnails mode crash? Have you installed the plugins for 4.41?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      I read the previous post using the Bing Translation, but I am none the wiser as to what the bug is supposed to be.
      In the german post ist noting more than I wrote here... I think in future it's better to use the english language forum. I don't have any problems with that...
      Under what circumstances does IrfanView 4.41 Thumbnails mode crash? Have you installed the plugins for 4.41?
      It happened after update to ver. 4.41.
      I have installed the plugins for 4.41, yes.
      It happens when I open one picture in a folder and use the thumbnail button (toolbar) to show all pictures in the folder...
      Rolled back to ver. 4.40
      It works well under ver. 4.40
      Last edited by Mausebär; 17.01.2016, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Wolfgang,

do these crashes depend on Thumbnail viewer's View mode?

I have a different situation, only 64-bit version crashes, only when View mode is set to Details or List. If necessary, you can set the default (Thumbnails) mode manually, changing the value in the .ini file to ViewMode=0.

Have a nice evening,

Mart
        IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by Jacal View Post
          Wolfgang,
          do these crashes depend on Thumbnail viewer's View mode?
          I don't know, I do not want to change permanently to the non working version....
          But I could install v.4.41 to a different folder and look if it behaves like this...

I have a different situation, only 64-bit version crashes, only when View mode is set to Details or List. If necessary, you can set the default (Thumbnails) mode manually, changing the value in the .ini file to ViewMode=0.
          See above. I'm going to install v. 4.41 to a different folder just to test this...

Wolfgang

Comment

Probably the best way is to download the portable (zip) version, then it won't interfere with the installed version, keeping settings in it's own folder.

I could also try this in a Vista virtual machine, but I only have 64-bit Vista at hands.

Mart

Direct links:

Last edited by Jacal; 17.01.2016, 06:29 PM. Reason: Links added
            IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

...I forgot to mention, that I installed the 4.41 to the same folder as 4.40 (outside the standard program folder of Vista)...

After Installation of 4.41 into the standard program folder the thumbnail view works properly...

I think it does not make much sense to persuit the malfunction further, therefore the thread can be closed
              Last edited by Mausebär; 21.01.2016, 09:56 AM. Reason: add comment

Comment

Working...
              X