Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Copied image detail is horizontally flipped

Version 4.40

- Open 2 instances of IrfanView with 2 images.
    - Select a detail of image 1 and copy it.
    - Use "Paste special to bottom" to add the detail to image 2.
    --> Result: the copied image detail is horizontally flipped.

Workaround: first copy the detail to a 3rd instance and then copy it again.

Version 4.41 is the latest version.

I cannot reproduce the issue on that using Windows.

Try upgrading and see if you still have the problem.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Same Problem with 4.41
      I did not test on Windows.
      Attached Files

Comment

I don't have Ubuntu so cannot test it. A simple fix would be to select the posted image and hit the H shortcut.

Send a bug report to Irfan Skiljan (Help About IrfanView) and let us know what he says.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 10.09.2016, 08:27 PM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Or, perhaps, also consult Wine users, they might have had similar problems, and many of them are using IrfanView on Linux.
          IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by Jacal View Post
            Or, perhaps, also consult Wine users, they might have had similar problems, and many of them are using IrfanView on Linux.
            I have reported the bug here:

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
              I don't have Ubuntu so cannot test it.
              But it would be helpful, if one could test the behaviour on native Windows, so we better could locate the source of the problem.
              Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 10.09.2016, 08:27 PM.

Comment

The latest version is now 4.42. Please update your forum profile and confirm that you tested this is 4.42 with the right plugins for 4.42.

I did test it in Windows, as I said in my earlier post.

Comment

The latest version is now 4.42. Please update your forum profile and confirm that you tested this is 4.42 with the right plugins for 4.42.

I did test it in Windows, as I said in my earlier post.
                  Oh sorry, I misunderstood your message.
                  So if you tested on Windows with 4.41 and I tested on Linux with the same Version, it's obvious, that the source of the problem is Wine and nothing needs to be done from IrfanView side.
                  Thanks for your answer again.

Comment

I tested on 4.42. If you upgrade and retest on Wine, then update your Bug reports on the Wine bug tracker with that information, it may help them.

Comment

Hey, you are really fast
                      I tested on 4.42.
                      With ...
                      Version 4.41 is the latest version.

... I have understood, you had first tested on Windows with 4.41, wasn't it?

Comment

Yes, but it doesn't affect 4.42 on Windows 10 either. If the bug no longer occurs for you in 4.42, then you need to be sure of that before pursuing this with the Wine bug-tracker.

It seems very unlikely that this would make any difference to a bug in Wine, but one should always test in the latest available version. Update Wine too if that's not the latest version.

Comment

Working...
                        X