Lenscorrectorpro Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenscorrectorpro Plugin

Lenscorrectorpro.8bf plugin won't load... is that a supported plugin?

Thanks.

Are you using the 32-bit IrfanView or the 64-bit version?

Have you installed the plugin in the correct folder?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Also, which operating system do you run? - Recently updated plugins that have been developed with the Filtermeister kit may not run on WinXP.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

I'm using XP 32 bit and yes the plugin is installed in the correct folder. If updated Filtermeister plugins don't run on XP then that's probably my problem.

Comment

Perhaps Richard Rosenman will do you the favour of compiling a version with a previous Filtermeister (v 1.09f) , unless he has made use of any new features for Lenscorrectorpro.

Generally keep a backup of older versions of any plugins you have, as this may happen with those too

Comment

The Lenscorrectorpro plugin has an .8bf extension just like the other plugin files in my Irfanview plugin folder, but for some reason it's not recognized when I try to add it to my plugin list when I'm processing images.

Thinking that maybe an earlier version of Lenscorrectorpro would be compatible with my XP, I did a search and found an earlier 1.1 version and downloaded it, but a whole bunch of malware came along with the download and I couldn't get rid of it, but thankfully I had just backed up my OS to an external hard drive and I was able to clone it back to my main hard drive and all is well again. I'd like to kick the malware developers a couple of swift ones right in the giblets for the trouble that they cause. The swines.

Oh well, GIMP does a nice job of lens correcting so I'll continue to use that for now. Thanks for your help guys.

Comment

I contacted Richard Rosenman and he informed me that the latest version of Lens Corrector PRO will only work on 64 bit systems, so that leaves me out. I'm thinking that the earlier versions might be 32 bit compatible, so I'm checking around to see if I can find an earlier version to download.

Comment

Sorry to hear about those troubles. Give those malware developers a good hiding from me too.

Originally posted by McCormack View Post
                I contacted Richard Rosenman and he informed me that the latest version of Lens Corrector PRO will only work on 64 bit systems, ...
                Not user-friendly at all, especially since it's not freeware. - People will be running 32bit-applications on 64bit-systems for some time to come and a good software developerr/businessman should take that into account.

Comment

Working...
                X