Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nik-Collection

Hallo miteinander,

da Google die eigentliche kostenpflichtige Nik-Collection inzwischen freigegeben hat (https://plus.google.com/+NikCollecti...ts/AFGsG2Di7EK), wollte ich mal testen, inwieweit diese Adobe-8BF-Filter in Irfanview nutzbar sind.
    Download: https://www.google.com/intl/de/nikcollection/

Leider kommt es bei mir jedesmal zu einem Crash, wenn ich einen der Filter mit dem Adobe-8BF-Dialog einbinde und starte.
    (Irfanview 4.42, 32 Bit, Windows 10)

Sind diese Filter generell inkompatibel mit Irfanview oder gibt es eine Lösung?
    Irfanview 4.54 - 32 bit

Auf meinem Rechner (Laptop/ Win7 / 32 Bit / IV 4.38) funktionieren der Viveza und die Scharfzeichungsfilter.

Die anderen (Color Efex, Silver Efex, etc.) zeigen kurz den Dialog an mit der Meldung "loading image" (oder so ähnlich) und stürzen dann ab. - Woran das liegt weiß ich nicht. Vielleicht nicht genug RAM?

- - - - - - - - - -

Since this is the English language part of the forum, here's the issue in English:

Google's has made the NIK filter collection available for free. Attempts at using them with Irfanview (Win7 and Win10, 32bit IV versions 4.38 and 4.42) give mixed results.

The Viveza and Sharpening plug-ins work in at least one case. The others, in my case, show a dialog with the message "loading image" and within a second abends.

Has anyone managed to make these plug-ins work in a non-Photoshop/LR context?
    Last edited by jazzman; 26.03.2016, 11:04 AM.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Originally posted by jazzman View Post
      The Viveza and Sharpening plug-ins work in at least one case. The others, in my case, show a dialog with the message "loading image" and within a second abends.
      Yes, you are right. I didn't test them all before I started the thread.

I don't think it is a RAM problem.
      The download has 32bit filters and 64bit filters.
      The 32bit filters would make no sense if they would not wirk with the RAM-limitations of a windows 32-bit software.
      Also I tested with rather small pictures.
      Irfanview 4.54 - 32 bit

Comment

32-bit Dfine 2 works fine for me on 32- and 64-bit IV. (18 MP photos)
        Last edited by Jacal; 27.03.2016, 03:20 PM.
        IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

My laptop runs on Windows 7 64 bit, I have installed IrfanView plus plugins if v.4.42. I use the 32-bit version (for my scanner) and the 64-bit version (for the photos).

I got RAW Pre-sharpener using Sharpener Pro 3 (--> SHP3RPS.8bf ) running under 32-bit and under 64-bit.
          Furthermore I got output sharpening running using Sharpener Pro 3 (--> SHP3OS.8bf ) running under 32-bit and under 64-bit.

What needs to be done: 1st install the NIK Collection by executing downloaded nikcollection-full-1.2.11.exe .
          It will ask you for a application you want to associate it to, more precisely a directory in which it is located.
          As I was at this stage not yet sure, baring in mind if Google would install parts of the NIK Collection in that directory and the IrfanView directories getting overwritten by updates each time
          I chose for "c:\program files\Irfan View - Nik Collection", later it became clear, that this could have been any directory on my harddisk.
          Google installed the NIK Collection in seven sub-directories of "c:\program files\Google\Nik Collection", each reserved for one tool of the NIK Collection.

In the next step I copied the two above mentioned .8BF - files of :
          "c:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Sharpener Pro 3\" into "c:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\Plugins\Adobe 8BF\ for the 32-bit variant, and as
          well into "c:\Program Files\IrfanView\Plugins\Plugins32\Adobe 8BF\" for the 64-bit variant.

Now I opened 1st the 32-bit variant of IrfanView by double-clicking: "c:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" Than I opened a random picture of mine.
          Using the following panel in IrfanView: Image - Adobe 8BF Plugins -> Filter dialog -> add 8BF filters (files) , at this point using the '+'-button in the dialog-box I located 1st SHP3RPS.8bf in
          "c:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Sharpener Pro 3" into "c:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\Plugins\Adobe 8BF\ and pressed 'add', afterwards I did the same for SHP3OS.8bf .
          I like to emphasize that the location beginning with c:\Program Files\... is NO typing error, although it goes over 32-bit files !! After adding both .*8BF-files I exited the add 8BF filters dialog.
          It is important to mention, that initially there was no sign in the dialog visible, that the addition of files to the 8BF-filter was successful !!!

Now I opened the 64-bit variant of IrfanView by double-clicking: "c:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view64.exe"
          Again I opened a random picture of mine.
          Using the following panel in IrfanView: Image - Adobe 8BF Plugins -> Filter dialog -> add 8BF filters (files) , at this point using the '+'-button in the dialog-box I located 1st SHP3RPS.8bf in
          "c:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Sharpener Pro 3\" into "c:\Program Files\IrfanView\Plugins\Plugins32\Adobe 8BF\" and pressed 'add', afterwards I did the same for SHP3OS.8bf .
          This time I like to stress that I took the 32-bit .8BF-files from Google, which I copied to the 32-bit plugin directory of the IrfanView 64-bit variant !!

Conclusion: only the 32-bit variant of the .8BF-files are working in the 32-bit variant and the 64-bit variant of IrfanView.

After I had added/linked both 32-bit .8bf-files to both variants of IrfanView I opened IrfanView again witha random photo. Following the menu-tree :
          image -> Adobe 8BF Plugins I was able to locate both SHP3RPS.8bf and SHP3OS.8bf in the context-menu.
          After clicking on them Google's Sharpener Pro 3 opened.

I hope the cookbook style was not too detailed, but at least it should be fool-proof.
          Last edited by minoll; 30.03.2016, 07:38 PM.

Comment

The good news is, the NIK plug-ins can be run stand-alone!

But you have to be very careful, as the SAVE button will overwrite your original file.
            You will therefore need to make a copy first and work on that.

Now for the details: when installing the NIK software as described by minoll above, saving to any folder of your choice, the installer will also create folders in the path of C:\Program Files\Google\NIK Collection\... (or the equivalent in your language). Beside the .8bf-files these folders also contain .exe-files which serve to let you run the filters as stand-alone.

Drag & drop your copied image file onto the .exe-file and start fiddling with the controls. Finish by clicking on SAVE or CANCEL. In the case of SAVE, your image file is overwritten!

There may be a chance of using IrfanView's "Open with external editor", but I haven't tried that yet and the same caveat about working on a copy would apply.

See also http://edknepleyphoto.com/2013/06/15...nd-alone-mode/

Remember: NEVER run these with your original images!

PS: The NIK filters take fairly long to start on my laptop, 10 sec or more - so have a bit of patience before you think it doesn't work
            Last edited by jazzman; 01.04.2016, 07:58 PM.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Hi everyone, Until last week my favorite photo editor was Irfanview. Then I had to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7, and all hell broke loose. Nik's first collection of plugins were the only version that ran under IrfanView flawlessly. I still have a working copy of these plugins running on another PC with Win 7, and transferring

Comment

Working...
              X