Histogram should be adjustable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Histogram should be adjustable

In the histogram window - would it be possible to adjust the image by dragging the left + right side and maybe a middle point?

That way we coudl see the histo and then clip off the left hand super-low values (for example).

What about the SmartCurve plugin? It looks quite versatile to me.
    IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

I'd love a built-in Levels adjustment. It would be more useful than the existing brightness & contrast, which have been in the program since forever, and are difficult to visualize and use in practice.

The SmartCurve plugin has an annoying usability issue: points near the edge of the graph must be dragged extremely carefully, staying within a few pixels of the graph area. If I move my mouse too low, I start adjusting the "apply to range" bar below, which is in most cases unwanted.

Comment

irfanview currently has just a graphical histogram. However Jazzman has a Irfanview plugin (Jazzman’s Contrast World) which I think will do what you want. Al

Comment

I think that most users would appreciate something easier to understand than either SmartCurve or a draggable histogram. Since Irfanview now bundles two of Martin Vicanek's 8bf filters it is a pity that Irfan did not also include his excellent Contrast Mask 8bf as well. Even if only the "Brighten shadows" and "Darken highlights" sliders are used it is a quick and effective Levels adjustment tool.

Comment

Working...
          X