MP3 Files - No Audio Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP3 Files - No Audio Output

I am running Win7/Pro x64. I just downloaded installed IV 4.42 64 bit. I also downloaded and installed the plug-ins.

I tried playing some stored mp3 files using IV 4.40 32 bit and could not hear the audio. The file opens and appears to play. When I play an NPR live-stream I get audio. When I open WMP I can hear audio. I conclude that the hardware is working.

I did notice that in WMP I could not navigate to a stored mp3 file. The interface is all about Windows 'libraries' where I found some (but not most of) my stored mp3 files. It seems that the more Redmond does to 'simplify' their OS the more complicated it gets.

I mention the experience with WMP because I'm concerned that it has 'done something' that has precedence in playing audio files.

I briefly tried accessing images in IV 4.42 64 bit and that seems to work fine.

Any insights?

thanks

baumgrenze

Hi,
    I just tried to play a .mp3-file with Iview64 4.42 on my Win7/64 system and it played fine.
    Maybe the plugins are in the wrong place. I found the MP3.DLL in C:\Program Files\Iview64\Plugins\Plugins32.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Thank You - Besten Danke

Besten Danke Kuki Dent,

Meine Würzeln sind im Schwabenland, Stangenbach/Wüstenrot, ganz recht zu sein. Mein Vater ist als 18 -jährige Junge am 2n September 1929 in New York als Einwanderer eingelauft.

Before I disgrace myself further by trying to write in German, allow me to switch to my first language, English.

I believe you have identified my problem.

ZTreeWin tells me that my new copy of Irfanview is located here:

C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view64.exe

and that my plugin files are here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\Plugins

I uninstalled my old 32bit version of IrfanView, so the other branches here contain no files.

Are the plugins for the 64bit and 32bit versions of IrfanView the same? If so, perhaps I can just graft this branch from the (x86) path to the new one.

I do not want to cause myseslf more problems by doing this. I can understand that there might be linking files and/or Registry entries that also must be changed. I did not see the option of 'uninstall' the plugin files under Control Panel.

I will wait for you (or another reader) to suggest the best path forward.

Thank you,

baumgrenze

Comment

Hi baumgrenze,
        is 'treeline' the correct translation?

Originally posted by baumgrenze View Post
        ZTreeWin tells me
        I'm glad to find another user of ZTreeWin, the BEST file manager on earth with unbeaten capabilities.

my new copy of Irfanview is located here:
        C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view64.exe and that my plugin files are here:
        C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\Plugins.
        Are the plugins for the 64bit and 32bit versions of IrfanView the same?
        Well, you mixed up the installations of Iview (which is the 32 bit version) and Iview64.

Each version has its own plugins, so you have to download and install the 64bit version of the plugins, if you use Iview64.
        Since many plugins are still only in 32bit, the plugin folder for Iview64 contains a plugin32 folder.
        This will be correct installed with the 64bit plugin installation file.

All settings are stored in an INI-file, located at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\IrfanView. You will find seperate files for Iview and Iview64.

Irfan Skiljan, the developer of Iview, does not recommend to use Iview64 exept if you handle very big files. Very big means far bigger than 10 MB.
        As long as you don't have problems with your files, he advises to use the standard 32 bit version.

Hope I could help.

Kuki Dent
        Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
        Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Irfanview plays mp3 but no audio - turn the volume up inside the Irfanview program.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Audio-Irfanview.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	81437
          I am running Win7/Pro x64. I just downloaded installed IV 4.42 64 bit. I also downloaded and installed the plug-ins.

I tried playing some stored mp3 files ...and could not hear the audio. The file opens and appears to play......
          Any insights?

thanks

baumgrenze
          Yes,
          I just opended irfanview 4.33 running on Win 8.1 x64 and did a drag and drop of an *.mp3 file into irfanview. A mini audio window popped up and the song was playing but with no audio. I saw the volume was all the way down in the box and I put the volume up and it played fine. If you saw the mp3 playing but heard no audio you must have the audio codec or it would not have played at all.

Comment

Working...
          X