IV 4.42 Unicode folder name in Batch Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported IV 4.42 Unicode folder name in Batch Conversion

I have several photos in a folder that has Unicode characters (French e with accent) in its name.

After I launched the Batch Conversion for those photos, the dialogue window appeared and I clicked on Use current ('look in') directory button to select the same folder as conversion output. Instead of selecting the correct folder, the program chose My Documents folder. I presume it has something to do with having Unicode characters in the current folder name.

My OS is Windows XP SP3.

I have no such problem on Windows 7 64-bit.

I don't want to bother Irfan Skiljan with Windows XP bugs that have a simple workaround: use another output folder.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      I have no such problem on Windows 7 64-bit.

I don't want to bother Irfan Skiljan with Windows XP bugs that have a simple workaround: use another output folder.
      Wow... why didn't I think of that clever workaround? That opens a new chapter in the bug repairing process. Ignore the bug and find a way to avoid it.
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 18.05.2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by masster View Post
        Wow... why didn't I think of that clever workaround? That opens a new chapter in the bug repairing process. Ignore the bug and find a way to avoid it.
        No one's stopping you (or anyone else) from reporting bugs.

Please let us know what Irfan Skiljan says about fixing Windows XP bugs, and I will update the thread's status.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X