Free version of Neat Image Reduce Noise 8bf on Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Free version of Neat Image Reduce Noise 8bf on Windows 10

I recall using a free (I think) .8bf version of Neat Images Reduce Noise filter on my desktop before purchasing the full standalone software with a license for one copy. My Desktop is still running Windows 8.

Recently I picked up a used, but newer for me, Laptop running Windows 10 32 bit OS that I do a limited amount of image editing on. However I cannot get this 8bf filter to run in Irfanview. I have repeatedly deleted and redownloaded the filter from the Neat Image site, deleting previous filter version and reinstalling it into Irfanview with no success. I also tried just copying the 8bf filter over from my PC but I get the same error message each time about not being able to find something required to run the filter.....of course I can't remember the exact wording.

Has anyone else run into this or something similar and found a solution?
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 08.06.2016, 09:17 PM.

Which version of IrfanView are you using? Your forum profile still says 4.25.

Can't you take a screen shot of the error message? Alt Printscreen and paste it into IrfanView.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I bought NeatImage Pro, a damn fine and useful program. Well worth the small fee. I use the File>'open with external editor' option of IV to open the image right into Neatimage.

I just have to press shift-2
      Stuart Halliday

Comment

Sorry for late response. I thought I used to get email notifications for replies... may to need to check something in my user settings but I updated my profile to my home PC specs.

1. I did buy a licensed version of Neat Image several years ago for my home PC where I do 90% of my image editing but the license only valid for one PC.

2. I received a used lap top Dell Lattitude E6500 running Windows 10 with Irfanview 4.22 that I do some editing on while away from home. This is the one I would like to get the free/demo 8bf filter only running on. Most editing I do on the laptop is either preliminary or as a diversion as the screen brightness/contrast is extremely variable based on viewing angle. While it would be helpful to have demo 8bf filter running on my laptop my LTD budget doesn't really justify buying a second license plus photography is strictly a hobby that I have don't have enough time, skill or energy to pursue as something to make any money off of FWIW.

3. Thanks for responses. To save time I mostly copied my previous 8bf filter list to a thumb drive and copied to my laptop but am currently downloading demo version to my lap top after deleting previous Neat Image files on it and will attempt again and let you know if I still experience problems with screen shot of any error codes.

Thanks for your responses.

Comment

That did the trick downloading the newest version of Neat Image 8 demo on laptop. Looks like I am set!

Comment

Working...
          X