This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Windows 10

Hi there, I have in the past used and loved using this very good software for my photos over many years but last month I had to replace my old PC that had Microsoft Vista.

My question is, can I get IrfanView 32-bit to work with Windows 10 more or less as it did. I tried the 64-bit but it could/would not let me work on my photo. I tried Gimp just now but that is crazy. Anyway I hate drawing.

Yours hopefully

Nordon
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 11.06.2016, 08:22 PM.

You don't have to run IrfanView 64-bit, just because you're using a 64-bit OS. In fact, it is recommended to use the 32-bit version as more plugins are supported.

Only use 64-bit if you need to work with very large images. Some users reported crashes with the IrfanPaint plugin on 64-bit.

You can now update your forum profile to select IrfanView 4.42 and Windows 10.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you for your help so far, please can you explane it a little more as I'm darned if I can work that out I did look but can't see anr reference to select Irfanview in my forum profile and when I tried down loading in the normal way I got nothing but rubbish.

Comment

Got it at last no idea how but it has turned up and now workd perfecto, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by nordog View Post
          Thank you for your help so far, please can you explan it a little more as I'm darned if I can work that out I did look but can't see any reference to select Irfanview in my forum profile and when I tried downloading in the normal way I got nothing but rubbish.
          If you click the link in my signature it should take you directly to the page where you can modify it.

• fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
          X