Paint dialogue color selector shows only white boxes in all color modes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint dialogue color selector shows only white boxes in all color modes

When I click on either the foreground or background rectangle the color selector dialogue appears. But all the boxes are white and all show "color: RGB(255, 255, 255), HTML #ffffff". This happens in every color depth mode. I see the appropriate number of color boxes (i.e. 16 boxes in 4 bpp mode). But every selection box reads white.

Is this a bug? Or do I need to explicitly load a color palette? If so, how?

I have never come across this problem.

Which version of IrfanView are you using? (Please update your forum profile).

The 32-bit version of IrfanView is recommended. Development has stopped on the IrfanPaint plugin and it was not designed for 64-bit, although it does work OK for me on IrfanView 4.42 64-bit.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 14.06.2016, 11:05 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

It works OK in 4bpp mode in my 32-bit Irfanview too. See attached. The palette must exist if you can see see the colors in the image. What do you see if you open the palette from the Image menu - Image > Palette > Edit Palette ?
      Attached Files

Comment

I am using version 4.38 32-bit and 4.42 64-bit on different machines. I see the same issue on both. Screen shot attached from 4.42 64-bit
        Click image for larger version

Name:	irfanview 64 442 color selector.png
Views:	1
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	81417

Comment

What is the result using the 32-bit version?
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I see exactly the same issue using both version 4.38 32-bit and 4.42 64-bit.

Comment

Then your image may not contain any colours other than white .Your screen shot shows 8 BPP, but there's only a white square of 100x100 pixels pasted from the clipboard.

If I start a new 8BPP image then I get the same result. Open an image that actually has some colours in it.

Comment

I am trying to create a new image starting from an empty white canvas.

Comment

Hi JeffB
                  Have you tried starting from the menu IMAGE > create new (empty) image Shift+N. the dialogue box should give you a range of options so you can choose the initial size, background color etc. It works for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X