Edit A Slideshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Edit A Slideshow

Once a slideshow is created as an .exe file, is it possible to load the slideshow and edit it? How do you do this?

thanks,

See the HotKeys for Slideshow.exe in Help:

EXE Slideshow:

E Extract all files from EXE slideshow
    T or N Show/hide image text
    F Change/loop the full screen display/fit option
    F1 Show help infos
    F11 Show/hide mouse
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for the info, but here's my issue: I have several slideshows in one folder. Irfanview always takes me to the first slide show, I think because it starts with the letter "A" and it won't let me access the other slideshows in the folder.

thanks,

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      See the HotKeys for Slideshow.exe in Help:

EXE Slideshow:

E Extract all files from EXE slideshow
      T or N Show/hide image text
      F Change/loop the full screen display/fit option
      F1 Show help infos
      F11 Show/hide mouse

Comment

You cannot open an executable file in IrfanView. If you want to edit a slideshow, run it from Windows Explorer, extract the images, then open those files in IrfanView's slideshow creation dialogue to edit it (add/remove pictures, etc.)
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for your reply. My problem is that when I use File < Slideshow, Irfanview opens the wrong slideshow. I have about 7 slideshows in one folder, and wonder if that's the problem. At first i thought IV was opening whatever slideshow began with the letter "A", but now I see that's not the case. So my problem is not how to edit a slideshow, i know how to do that, but rather how to get IV to open the slideshow I want to edit.

thanks,

You cannot open an executable file in IrfanView. If you want to edit a slideshow, run it from Windows Explorer, extract the images, then open those files in IrfanView's slideshow creation dialogue to edit it (add/remove pictures, etc.)

Comment

IrfanView does not open or edit slideshow files. They are executable files.

1. You can add image files to the Slideshow dialogue.
            2. You can import a text file containing a list of filenames to the Slideshow dialogue
            3. You can create new slideshows to *.exe or *.scr (screen-saver) formats
            4. You cannot open or edit slideshow *.exe files. If you try, all you will see is a 32 pixel icon.

Comment

IrfanView does not open or edit slideshow files. They are executable files.
              1. You can add image files to the Slideshow dialogue.
              2. You can import a text file containing a list of filenames to the Slideshow dialogue

This is very helpful! How can i do steps 1 and 2 above? Are there instructions how to do these two steps?

thanks,
              Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 15.06.2016, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Hey, I got it figured, thanks.
                Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 15.06.2016, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Sorry, still having problems. You said:
                  If you want to edit a slideshow, run it from Windows Explorer, extract the images, then open those files in IrfanView's slideshow creation dialogue to edit it (add/remove pictures, etc.)
                  I can run a slideshow form Windows explorer, but how do I extract the images? For instance, if I run a slideshow tk01.exe the images are displayed. But when I press "W" it brings up a different slideshow with different images.

thanks,

Comment

Working...
                  X