Thread: Where is Irfan Skiljan?

IV Newbie

Default Where is Irfan Skiljan?

Hi,

I am from Bosnia and heard many thing about Irfan Skiljan before, like in magazine.. It was very interested that someone made that such a program. But today it's like he doesn't even exist?

I guess he is old school, he doesn't like to use new tech, social media.. doesn't want to inspire others?

Yes there is few interviews now and then, but nothing to find on internet like social media profile, twitter

Moderator Enterprise User Bhikkhu Pesala's Avatar
    Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

I suspect that he just wants a family life. With so many millions of IrfanView users, he doesn't need a higher social media profile. It's just overwhelming trying to respond to every post. He has no presence here, which is a user-to-user forum, but he responds promptly if I send him a bug report or feature request.

I left Facebook within weeks of joining as I soon found I had too many messages and precious few of any value.

IV Amateur
    Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Pro SP3
    CPU Cores

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by nedim View Post
    he doesn't like to use new tech, social media.. doesn't want to inspire others?
    [..]but nothing to find on internet like social media profile, twitter
    Wow! Just another thing I respect him for!

Social media are a swamp, trash.
    He did (in my opinion) the best graphic viewer in the world and you're saying he don't like to use new tech :/
    He's not a blacksmith but a software engigneer for God's sake! And you're saying he don't like "new tech" :/

Social media it's not a "new tech" it's "new sociological tool" to maniuplate little people.
    So I guess Irfan is ... "to big" for that. He didn't let to drag himself in to the swamp.
    What's more, the 'name' IRFAN is known in the world, and he achieved that without going in to "social media swamp" and THAT is the biggest success! THAT SHOULD INSPIRE YOU!

Thread Information