X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Irfan Skiljan?

Hi,

I am from Bosnia and heard many thing about Irfan Skiljan before, like in magazine.. It was very interested that someone made that such a program. But today it's like he doesn't even exist?

I guess he is old school, he doesn't like to use new tech, social media.. doesn't want to inspire others?

Yes there is few interviews now and then, but nothing to find on internet like social media profile, twitter

I suspect that he just wants a family life. With so many millions of IrfanView users, he doesn't need a higher social media profile. It's just overwhelming trying to respond to every post. He has no presence here, which is a user-to-user forum, but he responds promptly if I send him a bug report or feature request.

I left Facebook within weeks of joining as I soon found I had too many messages and precious few of any value.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by nedim View Post
      he doesn't like to use new tech, social media.. doesn't want to inspire others?
      [..]but nothing to find on internet like social media profile, twitter
      Wow! Just another thing I respect him for!

Social media is a swamp, it is trash.
      He made (in my opinion) the best graphic viewer in the world and you're saying he doesn't like to use new tech :/
      He's not a blacksmith but a software engineer for God's sake! And you're saying he doesn't like "new tech" :/

Social media is not "new tech" it's "a new sociological tool" to manipulate little people.
      So I guess Irfan is "too big" for that. He didn't allow himself to be dragged into the swamp.
      What's more, the name “Irfan” is well-known in the world, and he achieved that without entering "the social media swamp" and that is the biggest success! That should inspire you!
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 17.07.2021, 10:28 PM. Reason: Fixed typos and formatting, and improved English.

Comment

now you can find a lot of information but not enough of what you really need!

Comment

Originally posted by manrobertkir View Post
          now you can find a lot of information but not enough of what you really need!
          If you know what information you really need it is easier than ever to find it. Instead of reading through printed books, we can now just type any word or phrase in a search engine to find what we need.

Irfan Skiljan
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I notice that a lot of familiar programmers like me rarely use social networks. just not everyone wants to be media personalities.

Comment

Bosnia and Herzegovina
              IrfanView is named after its creator, Irfan Škiljan, from Jajce, Bosnia and Herzegovina, living in Vienna.

Comment

Working...
              X