Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

v4.42: Create panorama image bug: comma in file names (using command-line)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed v4.42: Create panorama image bug: comma in file names (using command-line)

Hello,

I've just noticed a bug in the "Create panorama image" function when using command-line. If the file name(s) passed to IrfanView contains comma(s), IrfanView splits the filename at the commas and thus causing an error.

The "Create panorama image" Gui doesn't contain this bug.

I am using Windows 7 Pro 64bit, IrfanView 4.42 (32bit), for the record.

Thank you.

Regards, JW

This looks like a bug to me, and one that might affect other command lines that take file names. I have sent a report to Irfan Skiljan.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Irfan Skiljan replied:

Sorry, commas in filenames are NOT working/allowed for some commandline options. Comma is used as filename separator, this is not a real bug ... something must be used.
      So, user must rename files for this to work. Running it from the batch dialogue is obviously easier.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Irfan Skiljan got around to adding support to cater for commas in filenames. Test versions are attached.

Unzip over your existing IrfanView 32 or 64 files and use as always.---

Now, if you have a filename with commas, you need to set it under "", like:

/panorama=(2,g:\test.jpg,"g:\test, comma.jpg",g:\test2.jpg,"g:\test 2, comma.jpg")
        ------

Btw, there was always a workaround for this "problem":

=> use the /filelist option (TXT file with filenames) in /panorama
        This works in 4.42 already.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X