Batch cut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch cut?

I'm familiar with the facility to crop a batch of images, but is there any way to reverse this and cut the selection instead of cropping it?

Not that I know of, but you could add an overlay image that is just a white or coloured rectangle of size that you wish to cut. Set the overlay transparency to zero.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Not directly. Neither of the CUT alternatives that you have in the Browser, "Cut -Selection" or "Cut -Area outside selection" are supported by the Batch Conversion Advanced options in Irfanview
      However you can produce the same results using two other functions that are supported in Batch Conversion.
      To explain I have attached some thumbnails at the bottom that you can click on to see images of how to do it.

The first thumbnail shows an image of a book cover where I have drawn a selection rectangle around the picture of a building. Note the figures on the Caption bar at the top of the Irfanview window (36,383:582x436) which tell me the position and size of the selection I have drawn. The Cut Color is set to Black in my Properties/Options dialog so if I use "Cut -Selection" I see a black rectangle that covers where the picture was. Had I used "Cut -Area outside Selection" I would see just the picture, surrounded by a black border that fills the rest of the area where the original image was.

In the second thumbnail I have produced exactly the same result as "Cut -Selection" by using "Insert Overlay/Watermark image" from the Edit menu, and in the third thumbnail I have produced exactly the same result as "Cut - Area outside selection" by using "Change canvas size" from the Image menu.

You will see in the second thumbnail that I needed to enter the figures 36 and 383 that were shown on the caption bar in thumbnail 1 but I also needed a jpg image named "Black rectangle". I created that from the thumbnail 1 image by pressing "Cut -Selection" (or Ctrl+X) and then, with the selection still on screen, pressing "Crop Selection" (Ctrl+Y). I then Saved As the jpg image "Black rectangle".

In the third thumbnail I again needed to enter the figures 38 and 383 as the Left and Top margins but also needed figures for the Right and Bottom margins. I could have calculated these but actually I used the lazy man's way shown in thumbnail 4. From the image shown in Thumbnail 1 I have dragged the left border of the selection right across and off the right hand side of the image. (The border will stop when it gets to the edge of the image so you can drag the cursor beyond it). Then I dragged the top border right down and off the bottom. The width and height of the selection box now displayed on the Caption bar (33 and 50) are the figures I needed for the Right and Bottom margins.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X