No announcement yet.

Irfanview 64bit Crashes After Screen Capture Followed By Rectangle Tool Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending Irfanview 64bit Crashes After Screen Capture Followed By Rectangle Tool Use

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
    Irfanview 4.42 64bit

Intel Core i7 2620M (Cores 2, Threads 4)
    Memory DDR3 8GB
    Graphics Generic PnP Monitor on Intel HD Graphics 3000

On my system (laptop), this is reproducible 85-90% of the time. I thought it was 100%, but when I was writing up/confirming the steps for this bug report, sometimes it would not crash.

1) launch Irfanview
    2) invoke screen capture by pressing C followed by <enter>
    3) capture the screen using the keyboard shortcut (default is Crtl-F11, I am using Crtl-Shift-F10)
    4) in Irfanview, use the mouse to select an area on the image and crop the image using Crtl-Y
    5) open the toolbox using F12
    6) select the Rectangle tool in the Toolbox (I have set the Line Width of the rectangle to 2px, Fill is unchecked, fore-ground color is Red)
    7) draw a rectangle on the image
    9) save the image by clicking on the Save icon on the Irfanview toolbar
    9) invoke screen capture again by pressing C followed by <enter>
    10) capture screen using keyboard shortcut
    11) in Irfanview, use the mouse to select an area on the image and crop the image using Crtl-Y
    12) open the toolbox using F12
    13) select the Rectangle tool in the Toolbox (if it is not already selected)
    14) draw a rectangle on the image
    15) it's at this point that Irfanview crashes

See this earlier thread

It is recommend to use 32-bit IrfanView unless you need to work with very large images. There are few advantages of the 64-bit version, and many disadvantages. To quote the IrfanView page:

Advantages of IrfanView 32-bit over 64-bit version:

• Runs on a 32-bit and 64-bit Windows
    • Loads all files/images for normal needs (max. RAM size is about 1.3 GB)
    • Needs less disc space
    • All PlugIns will work: not all PlugIns are ported (yet) to 64-bit (like OCR) and some 32-bit PlugIns must be still used in the 64-bit version, some with limitations (see the "Plugins32" folder)
    • The Unicode and many Adobe 8BF PlugIns can't work on 64-bit
    • Command line options for scanning (/scan etc.) work only in 32-bit (because no 64-bit TWAIN drivers)
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X