Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Command line to show files in directory and subdirectories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Command line to show files in directory and subdirectories?

I found how to display all the pix in a directory irfanview via command line, e.g.

i_view32.exe c:\data\pix

Is there any way to have it show not only the files in the directory specified, but also all subdirectories? Sort of like the /s for the dos DIR command?

Thanks,

Rich

I don't know if you can do it with a switch like /s in the command line but you could certainly do it if you are prepared to write a recursive routine in a batch file to open all the subdirectory files.

Did you know though that you can open a directory in recent versions of Irfanview using drag and drop and then open the subdirectories too. No command lines or scripts needed.

Just find your folder in Windows/File Explorer and drag and drop it into any open Irfanview window. It will open the Thumbnails viewer on top of the open window and display thumbnails of all the files from the folder you dropped. Alternatively you can drop the folder onto your Irfanview shortcut icon and type T to open the Thumbnails viewer with the same result. Now click on the Thumbnails Options menu and select Load thumbs from all subfolders. Thumbnails are added from the subfolders too.

Double click on the first thumbnail and the Browser window comes to the front loaded with all images from both folder and subfolders.

Comment

[SOLVED] found checkbox in the main slideshow options windows

Thanks, and I did find my solution, that is there is a checkbox at lower left of slideshow options to include subdirectories when adding files!

Another solution, not as neat, is to put shortcuts to all files I want in the slideshow (can use batch/dir/s command) into another subdirectory and point the slideshow command to that.

Mark this solved!

Comment

That's fine as long as all you want to do is look at them in a slideshow.

Comment

Working...
        X