Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implemented Sticky zoom level

Hello,

It would be very handy for the zoom level to be "sticky". Here's the use case: I have a folder full of 20x20 pixel icons which I'm browsing through. I open the first one, and expand the IrfanView window a good deal larger so that I can easily scroll through them by rolling the mouse wheel with the cursor over the window. But the icons are pretty small on a high-resolution screen, so I press Ctrl, and roll up the mouse wheel to zoom in on an icon to see it a bit better. Now when I move to the next or previous image, the zoom resets to 100%, in other words, to tiny 20x20px size in this case.

It would be great if zooming in would remain in effect in the current IrfanView window (there could be "sticky zoom" option on the Zoom options page), and maybe there could be a hotkey (such as Ctrl-0 like in Chrome) that would reset the zoom back to 100%. Zoom level would not be transferred or remembered across different IrfanView instances (if multiple are open), or from a session to next.

Thanks for consideration! And thanks for the great utility!!

Try using View, Display options, Fit images to Window. For viewing small images, use Resampling for Fit might be best, depending on what your purpose is.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

In window mode (i.e. not full screen):

Shift+L = Lock Zoom
      CTRL+H = zoom to 100%

Changing zoom level in any way you will need to hit SHIFT+L again.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Originally posted by jazzman View Post
        In window mode (i.e. not full screen):

Shift+L = Lock Zoom
        CTRL+H = zoom to 100%

Changing zoom level in any way you will need to hit SHIFT+L again.
        That's perfect! I see the feature was there already, and I had just missed it! Thank you for pointing it out!

Comment

Working...
        X