Support for Krita Documents, the .kra format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejected Support for Krita Documents, the .kra format

.kra is the native format of Krita, a powerful open-source painting software available for linux, windows and osx. There is a program called gwenview for linux that can view .kra but none for windows, just a windows shell extension that shows thumbnails.

It would be great to be supported by Irfanview.

Thankyou.

I don't ever expect this to happen. The format is not a pure bitmap format, and IrfanView only views single layer bitmaps. Any vectors that it does support, like PDF or WMF, are converted to bitmaps when they are opened.

Originally posted by Krita Features
    In addition to painting, Krita comes with vector, filter, group, and file layers.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      I don't ever expect this to happen. The format is not a pure bitmap format, and IrfanView only views single layer bitmaps. Any vectors that it does support, like PDF or WMF, are converted to bitmaps when they are opened.
      I asked the devs, it seems..

"The kra file is a zip format with a png inside on the top level named 'mergedimage.png'. If they can get that out, they can preview the image."

Thankyou.

Comment

Will it be sufficient to view a low resolution image preview without any ability to edit or save files?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Will it be sufficient to view a low resolution image preview without any ability to edit or save files?
          Here is a krita file. If you unzip it, you will find a preview.png which is of thumbnail size and a mergedimage.png which is the same size as the document. To view the mergedimage.png is what we hope for, and of course access to Irfanview's batch convert/rename would be great (to jpg/png... single layer formats). Yes, we don't expect editing features like, resize or crop or conversion to layered formats like .psd.

Thankyou

Comment

I forward this request to Irfan Skiljan, but please see this very old thread about viewing images inside archives. Apparently, Irfan had a plugin since 2009 but could not yet find a way to implement this.

I don't hold high hopes for any worthwhile implementation of this. If you could view the image, modify, and save it, as you could with an archive viewer, would the Kirta image still be editable, or would the program think it was corrupted?

Comment

This is Irfan Skiljan's reply:

Maybe later ... full support can't be added, I don't like XML very much

=> later ... when I add the ZIP/RAR plugin ... the 2 PNGs from the ZIP will be readable.

Comment

Oh rejected.. Anyways, thankyou for the support. Any tip on where I could get help?

Comment

Working...
                X