Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forward/Back Middle Button Scroll - Window Focus Only (Not Hovering)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Forward/Back Middle Button Scroll - Window Focus Only (Not Hovering)

Would love to be able to advance to the next picture or go back to the previous picture with the middle button scroll wheel when IrfanView has focus and the mouse pointer isn't hovering over the app screen. Currently, the mouse pointer must be over the window in order for the scroll button to work even if the program has focus.

Try maximising IrfanView. Double-click on the title bar is the quickest way to maximise/restore the window.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

What you asking for can easily be achieved using Autohotkey
      If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

Comment

Shannon. I think what you are talking about is one of the new features introduced by Windows 10. The "scroll" action generated by rotating the mouse wheel is now passed to the application in the window that the cursor pointer is hovering over, whether or not that application has the focus.
        In previous versions of Windows the scroll action was always passed to the application that had the focus, wherever the pointer was.

So in Irfanview, with Windows 10, it will be the image below the cursor that will move on to the next or back to the previous one when the scroll wheel rotates. I doubt that the applications can do anything about it. It is Microsoft who have changed how the operating system works.

For most users I think it will prove to be quite useful but I can see there may be implications for automation programs that control which application has the focus. I suspect that some Autohotkey and similar scripts will have to be changed to ensure that the cursor is in the right place at the right time. Fortunately it is only the scroll wheel action that has been changed. Keyboard strokes still go to the application window that has the focus.

Comment

Working...
        X