Slideshow with multiple pictures simultaneously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slideshow with multiple pictures simultaneously

Hi, I was wondering if it could be possible to play slideshow with irfanview which displays 2 x 2 ( = 4 ) picturegrid?

I have 100" screen for my projector and it would be very nice if I could play 2 x 2 pictures at the same time because there is plenty of space.

I would like if the pictures could be scaled with option "fit" during the slideshow. Also, it would be nice if "random" or "shuffle" option for directory play sorting could be applied

Please help me if this is possible

You can have 4 slideshows all running at the same time using either 4 instances of Irfanview or 4 copies of it. All 4 would need to be set to "Play in Window mode" and each copy would need to have the window set up so that it occupied a different quarter of the screen.

Using 4 different copies of Irfanview is the easiest to set up because each has its own "ini" file where the settings are saved until the next time you use it. Using 4 instances of the same Irfanview copy means you have to set up and start each one in turn. Once started though the instance will continue to display the same set of images in the same window area as it started in, even when you set up a new set of files and a different area for another instance to run in.

When you set all 4 instances (or copies) to play the same set of files in random order, then each instance has a different random order, so the combined effect is the same as it would be if you could run it from a single one.

Comment

In addition you can write a *.bat file using the command line instructions,
      So you will only need to click on 1 file to open all 4 programs

Comment

Working...
      X