Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capture with Mouse (6) issues in win7.Ultimate.64bit

Hi guys

I have been using IrFan for years in xpwin.sp3 and have no problem capturing images using Options > Capture/ScreenShots (C) > options 5,6 & 7. They always appear in the IrFan window (IFwin)

However when i do the same in win7.Ultimate.64bit with 6 (Object selection by Mouse), i just can't get the window selected to appear in IFwin, in fact there is no selection at all.

So i resort to using 5 (Custom area). But even in this option, the IFwin must NOT be minimized but MUST appear as window on the desktop. Do note that when the capture option is started, IRwin will minimize to the tray.

Please advises, i think i miss something!
    Last edited by fuzmic; 28.07.2016, 05:34 AM.

I never use the Screen Capture feature of IrfanView because I have a registered version of FastStone Capture, which I use to capture screen shots from any program in Windows. IrfanView is the one program that makes it difficult because it's own screen capture interferes with it. To work around the problem, I need to focus the cursor in the directory index field before pressing the FastStone Capture shortcut (Ctrl + Printscreen) to capture a rectangular area.

My advice, therefore, is to install the free version of FastStone Capture 5.3 (direct link from my site), and to use that instead.

It is much more powerful than IrfanView's capture options, and will work in any Windows application. By default it is loaded when you start Windows, but takes very little RAM when not actually being used. The Printscreen combination shortcuts can be configured to suit your needs.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Well, this is an IrfanView forum and we should not try to solve problems with IrfanView by suggesting another application.

I use the capture feature occasionally, but never used option 6. Because of this thread I tried it - and it worked as expected. The screenshot was either saved
      as image or shown in IrfanViews window, just as I selected.

@fuzmic: please try another option for the destination, e.g 'save as image' or 'paste to clipboard'. Also, have you tried to update your graphics driver, as it might
      be a reason for the problem.
      Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
      Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Originally posted by Kuki Dent View Post
        Well, this is an IrfanView forum and we should not try to solve problems with IrfanView by suggesting another application.
        I disagree The point is to solve problems. If there is an easy solution using IrfanView one should offer that first, but if not, one should offer better alternatives.

I did try first with IrfanView, but did not find a way to do what was requested. IrfanView just disappeared from view.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Peace guys, thanks for the pointers all well received. There is always some truth in all ways.

Meanwhile i just tried out Dent's suggestion. With the clipboard it is quite good because all i have to do to paste in IrFan. The other way have to open file from the location.

Perhaps it is the video driver issue as i am using the standard vga driver, will try to find the correct driver to see.

Will also download FastStone to expand the horizon.

Cheerio
          Last edited by fuzmic; 29.07.2016, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X