Start Slideshow From Command Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start Slideshow From Command Line

Is there a way I can start IrfanView Slideshow from command line without having to go through all the settings and to automatically display files in a particular folder?

Can I associate WAV files with pictures as the slide show is running?

Thanks,
    MCPhoto

Look under Command Line Options in the Irfanview help file.
    This is what it shows for Slideshow

Example for slideshow:

i_view32.exe /slideshow=c:\mypics.txt
    (Note: The file 'c:\mypics.txt' contains, in each line, a name of an image, including the full path OR path relative to "i_view32.exe".)

i_view32.exe /slideshow=c:\mypics.txt /reloadonloop

i_view32.exe /slideshow=c:\images\

i_view32.exe /slideshow=c:\images\ /reloadonloop

i_view32.exe /slideshow=c:\images\*.jpg

i_view32.exe /slideshow=c:\images\test*.jpg

You have to close IrfanView after the last image from the TXT file, if not /closeslideshow is used.
    If you wish you can modify an Irfanview shortcut to launch a slideshow. Right click on the shortcut, select Properties and add
    /slideshow=
    to the end of the line in the Target box. (Make sure that you type a space before the /)

Then you can drag and drop a folder on to the shortcut any time you like and launch an instant slideshow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Slideshow shortcut.png
Views:	1
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	81463

You can also drop a list onto the shortcut. If you prepared a show in the Irfanview slideshow dialog you can save the list of files by clicking the "Save filename as TXT file" button. You can keep a selection of favourite shows that way and just drop one onto the shortcut to play it whenever you want to see it again.
    Last edited by Mij; 31.07.2016, 12:26 AM. Reason: Note about space added. Paragraph on lists added too.

Comment

Working...
    X