X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New animation type: animated transparent jpeg

Hi,

We all know the fake animated jpgs (made by changing the file extension from gif/png to jpg/jpeg). And we all know jpgs can't be transparent.
    Well, this is for real. So, please read, view and test before you dismiss it...

This is the Animated Transparent Jpeg Maker application:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ATJM screenshot.png
Views:	1
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	84808

It converts png and gif animations, video files and image sequences and can modify the animation before saving.
    It also includes a small viewer. By default it displays the transparent animations as transparent windows on desktop.
    Both apps are optimized to use MMX/SSE CPU instructions and multiple cores/CPU's.

All you need is to download the setup file, install it, view the samples and test it.

I hope you will like it.
    But if you consider my thread "advertising" or "spam", then, by all means, delete it and even ban me.
    After all, the fact I worked more than a year to make it and now giving you 100% free of charge (no ads in setup file) doesn't mean much in today's world...

Well, either way, ENJOY.
    Last edited by Cosmin3; 05.08.2016, 09:53 PM.

I think Better Portable Graphics are a better option. Animations are already supported in Chrome browsers.

If your animated JPG images need a special viewer, then they are of limited use.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      I think Better Portable Graphics are a better option. Animations are already supported in Chrome browsers.
      I know BPG and it's not so bad but the decoder is not so well optimized for MMX/SSE.
      Those 3 small animations are taking too much CPU and RAM.
      On the other hand the ajpeg viewer uses a circular buffer to decompress only a small part of the animation at a time (using less CPU).
      On my 2 GHz processor I got 50+ fps on an 1080p animation.

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      If your animated JPG images need a special viewer, then they are of limited use.
      All animation types were less known at start and required a separate viewer/player.
      And it's not so "special". It can be transformed into a dll (for the browser or other application) and it will perform a lot better than a JAVA script decoder.
      Last edited by Cosmin3; 05.08.2016, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X