PNG transparency broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported PNG transparency broken

I'm using Irfanview 4.41 32 bit, Windows 7, and when viewing PNGs with transparency it is all garbled. I usually make PNGs in Photoshop, sometimes other programs. The image below looks just fine in other programs and webpages, just not Irfanview.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	84809

options - properties - viewing
    IV 4.56 32-bit

Comment

same problem here. IV background for PNGs is not changeable black. options - properties - viewing-> here you can change the background-colour of the window but NOT the background-colour of the transparencies of a PNG-file.
      I tried every property with colour-settings in IV - non changed background colour of transparency.
      Toggled options - properties - viewing - show PNG... trasparency colour. No change in backgroundcolour.

Comment

In Settings, Viewing, Main Window Colour, choose the colour that you wish to use.

From the File menu, Reopen the transparent PNG file.
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          In Settings, Viewing, Main Window Colour, choose the colour that you wish to use.

From the File menu, Reopen the transparent PNG file.
          a bit surprised - but happy. It works.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X