Keep program window hidden during Slideshow in Window mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Keep program window hidden during Slideshow in Window mode

I notice that when a Slideshow is playing in Window mode, if you click the Irfanview button on the taskbar, it pops up the program/work window which normally becomes hidden during a Slideshow. This becomes a problem when hopping around to different programs and using the mouse to return to Irfanview. I notice that this problem doesn't happen when switching between programs using keyboard shortcuts instead of clicking on the taskbar.

Since switching to 64-bit, I've noticed on one of my machines that, while the taskbar now seems to disappear during Slideshows, the work window is now in view at ALL TIMES during Window mode Slideshows, it no longer becomes hidden like it used to. Strangely, this only happens on my desktop machine and not my laptop, for whatever reason. Both are running the same up-to-date Windows 10 Home, freshly installed within the last 2 weeks.

Comment

Hi anonymous1
      If you look at my latest post in your thread about the taskbar disappearing here you will see that I have discovered that on my system the taskbar only disappears when the left hand edge of the slideshow window is set as far left as it will go i.e when X is set to 0 in the slideshow window option, but all the time in slideshow fullscreen where X is always 0. So there it is the X=0 case that you do not like.

What you describe above concerning what you call the "work" window also differs depending on whether X is set to 0 or not.

When X=0, I cannot click the taskbar of course because it is not visible. I have to press Windows key+T to open Task view and click on the Irfanview task there. That makes the work window appear but as soon as the Slideshow moves on to the next slide the window is hidden again.

Anything other than X=0 and the work window appears if the Irfanview icon on the taskbar is clicked, but this time it stays on. OK, there does seem to be no way to hide it again. If you now try to close it both the work window and the slideshow are closed. That presumably is what you do not like in this case. The workaround is pretty clear though, learn not to click on the icon.

The somewhat odd behaviour does look a bit like a bug to me but if we ask Irfan to fix it then he will almost certainly decide that the X=0 case is the one that is wrong, or the X does not equal 0 case is. I doubt that you can have it both ways.

Comment

That is very interesting.

For me, however, when X=0, I am unable to open the "Task View", Windows key+T does nothing, so I am unable to test your theory about the "work window" disappearing as soon as the Slideshow moves on to the next slide.

Comment

Sorry, I omitted to say in my last post in this thread that you have to press Enter after pressing Windows key+T.
          I said that in the other thread but forgot to mention it here.

Post script: If that does not work you could also try pressing just the Windows key to open the Start menu, or Windows key+E to open File Explorer.
          Last edited by Mij; 01.09.2016, 10:17 PM. Reason: Added postscriot

Comment

Working...
          X