EMAIL plugin is in the wrong place on the menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMAIL plugin is in the wrong place on the menu

Other programs put the command to "Attach to email" on the "File" menu. The location in IrfanView makes no sense. It is not an "option" of any kind. It's not "optional" to send a file to someone. It's a file command, plain and simple.

Here is a screenshot from Adobe Acrobat, the latest version. In this, you select "File--->Send File--->Attach to Email..."

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard03.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	84810Click to Enlarge

Notice also the icon of a letter, which I guess is internationally recognized as an email operation.

There is something else to nitpick for this plugin. The "EMail" spelling is non-standard. Most people use "email" or "e-mail" and never capitalize two letters "EMail."
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 19.08.2016, 09:49 PM. Reason: Removed large font

I support that request.

It is very unintuitiv (compared to other programs) to have to look for the send option in the options menu.

I second the request to put this option in the File menu, since it is a file that I want to send by mail. Most of the other options in that menu do something to or with a file as well.

I pledge a donation of 20 Euros when I see this feature in its right place. Hope this helps ;-)

Kind regards,

Frank

Comment

I assume that the logic is that all plugins are optional. If you don't install the plugin, the option to send an image by email is not available.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
      X