Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported german Umlaut in batch target folder crashes program

Hi

I'm using the German Version 4.42 32bit on a English 64bit Win10 machine. If I try to run a batch to a target directory which has an Umlaut in it's name, the whole IrfanView crashes.(screenshot1) It creates a new corrupted targetdirectory as it's not able to cope with the Umlaut (screenshot2).
    Would be cool if it fully supported Umlauts as I have some of them in my directories.

best, tiemes

PS: I love IrfanView! It's so powerfull and nice to use. Keep up the good work.

Edit1: It seems the forum is not Umlaut capable as well, if I insert one, all text after gets is not saved.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tiemes; 20.08.2016, 01:40 AM. Reason: Umlaut problem in forum as well :)

Have you enabled the Unicode plugin in Settings, Language?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by tiemes View Post
      Edit1: It seems the forum is not Umlaut capable as well, if I insert one, all text after gets is not saved.
      It's not the forum, it is the selected codepage on your "English 64bit Win10 machine" or the textcode of your browser, that causes your trouble with umlauts.
      Actually this forum has a german section: https://irfanview-forum.de/forumdisplay.php?f=20
      Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
      Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        Have you enabled the Unicode plugin in Settings, Language?
        It was enabled. Once I disabled it, it worked. Thanks This is totally contrary to what I'd have thought about unicode but as long as it works..

@ Kuki Dent: I just find it weird that I don't have any problems with umlauts on any other page except this forum. Even on the german forum I have misspellings. I tried it with a german machine with german firefox and chrome as well with the same result as seen in screenshot4.Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot4.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	81469

Comment

It was enabled. Once I disabled it, it worked. Thanks This is totally contrary to what I'd have thought about unicode but as long as it works..

@ Kuki Dent: I just find it weird that I don't have any problems with umlauts on any other page except this forum. Even on the german forum I have misspellings. I tried it with a german machine with german firefox and chrome as well with the same result as seen in screenshot4.
          That is very odd. I don't have any problem running a batch job and exporting to a folder with an umlaut in the folder name. I have the Unicode plugin enabled.

Check that your plugins match your IrfanView version of 4.42.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

reinstalled

Just uninstalled and reinstalled IrfanView 4.42 and all the plugins. Unicode is on 0.2.7 (screenshot5). Still the same behaviour. It works if plugin disabled, not with enabled unicode plugin.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by tiemes; 20.08.2016, 11:29 PM. Reason: added screenshot

Comment

@ Kuki Dent: I just find it weird that I don't have any problems with umlauts on any other page except this forum. Even on the german forum I have misspellings. I tried it with a german machine with german firefox and chrome as well with the same result as seen in screenshot4.[ATTACH=CONFIG]4437[/ATTACH]
              Oh, I see in the screenshot. I have the same misspellings in this forum since the certificates for this site were renewed. Seems that 'stefan' (the forum owner) changed
              the codepage when he renewed the certificates.
              @ Bhikkhu Pesala: Would you please contact stefan again and ask if he can solve the codepage issue?
              Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
              Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Originally posted by Kuki Dent View Post
                @ Bhikkhu Pesala: Would you please contact stefan again and ask if he can solve the codepage issue?
                I sent him an email.

Comment

Please try it again now - I changed the site encoding for the page (to utf-8). After renewing the certificate last week I did an upgrade to the latest forum version (+ changed the php version to the latest). Hopefully everything is working now

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                    Please try it again now - I changed the site encoding for the page (to utf-8). After renewing the certificate last week I did an upgrade to the latest forum version (+ changed the php version to the latest). Hopefully everything is working now
                    I was able to change the asterisks in my forum signature back to bullets, so something has obviously changed.

Comment

Working...
                    X