Removing slides during Slideshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Removing slides during Slideshow

Is there a way to remove a slide from the Slideshow during play without deleting the original file? It seems when I hit "Delete" during a slide it physically removes the file from the hard drive.

As a workaround, I would simply run the slideshow on a copy of the original pictures - or perhaps get back the deleted files from the recycle bin.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous1 View Post
      Is there a way to remove a slide from the Slideshow during play without deleting the original file? It seems when I hit "Delete" during a slide it physically removes the file from the hard drive.
      Not that I know of...

The 'Delete' button will delete the File, while the 'D' Hotkey will merely clear the Display. However, the 'D' Hotkey does not work within Slideshows. It does not work even if you copy all Files into a Folder, click on the First File in the Folder and cycle through the remaining Fles by pressing enter, in full-screen more...

You may like to download the Free, 'Lite' IrfanView 4.42 User Manual from the IrfanView Website (Numbered 0), at the top of the Page), or from my Website - (Scroll down a Screen and click on the Blue Cover Page Thumbnail)
      --- Push the Envelope... lest it push you out!! ---

Comment

You have to interrupt the slideshow to do it.
        Before you start make sure that you check the "Remember last file index on exit" option. When you see a slide you want to remove from the show press Esc then W to return to the slideshow dialog. The file that you want to remove will be highlighted so just click "Remove" and restart the slideshow which will resume from the image that follows the one you removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
          You have to interrupt the slideshow to do it.
          Before you start make sure that you check the "Remember last file index on exit" option. When you see a slide you want to remove from the show press Esc then W to return to the slideshow dialog. The file that you want to remove will be highlighted so just click "Remove" and restart the slideshow which will resume from the image that follows the one you removed.
          I kind of got the idea that interrupting the Slideshow was not an option, that what was being asked for was something like the 'Hide Slide' option in PowerPoint. That would cause the hidden Picture to not display, in a Slideshow!
          --- Push the Envelope... lest it push you out!! ---

Comment

Originally posted by BytePublish View Post
            I kind of got the idea that interrupting the Slideshow was not an option, that what was being asked for was something like the 'Hide Slide' option in PowerPoint. That would cause the hidden Picture to not display, in a Slideshow!
            You are probably right, but since I did not know any way to Hide the slide nor to remove it from the slideshow list without interrupting the Slideshow, I offered the best way I could think of for making the interruption as short as possible.

Comment

Working...
            X