Strange characters in Irfanview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange characters in Irfanview

Have problem with Irfanviev 4.42 inside application when I want to save any image and would create any new folder I have strange characters here, please look at attached picture:
    Application is installed with default English language, my computer have polish language and I don't have any problems with language on computer.
    Re installation of irfanview not helped, installation of other language (polish) also the same problem.
    Attached Files

Have you enabled the Unicode plugin in Settings, Language?

You must use the 32-bit version of IrfanView. Please update your forum profile.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Version used: 4.42 - 32bit
      OS - Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      No matter I enable /disable "Load Unicode Plugin at startup..." - still the same problem.

Comment

I could not reproduce the bug.
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

zuku,
          Change IfanView language to english and make a try again. Possibly the problem is in the localization. IrfanView is a non-unicode application. Such issues may happen until Irfan Skiljan provides full support for unicode.

Comment

I'm working on english language, hmm clean irfanview installation on another computer is without this issue, hmm I think maybe is any problem with my OS.

Comment

There do seem to be problems with the combination of Windows 10, Irfanview 4.42 and the Unicode plugin (all 32-bit versions). If I have it set to load the Unicode plugin at Program Start I often get a silly messages popping up (illustrated below) when using Open recent images . Every file name in the folder is pure ASCII characters but clearly the program thinks something different. I just OK the message and can then open files without further nonsense.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unicode nonsense.png
Views:	1
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	81474

Comment

Working...
              X