Animated GIF Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animated GIF Speed

I see that there is a post dated April 2008 in which GIF speed is discussed in two comments, but no solution was reached, so I am bringing up the issue again.

I downloaded an animated GIF from the web. On the website, the GIF cycled every 4 seconds. When I play, in IrfanView, the GIF I downloaded, it cycles every second. I don't see any settings that will allow me to slow it down to its normal speed.

Is there a way to resolve this problem, or am I stuck with a really speedy GIF?

I'm willing to install a program that will slow it down for me, if necessary, as long as I can view the result in IrfanView.

Thank you for any assistance you can give me. Much appreciated!

It may be easier to view the GIF in your browser. There are many GIF images that are not made properly. If they are, they should display properly in IrfanView.

FastStone Image Viewer can be used to build GIF images. IrfanView can only extract frames.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

There was a new hotkey introduced in Irfanview v4.40
      "New hotkey: CTRL + SHIFT and '+' or '-' to change GIF/ANI/PNG animation speed"
      I have not tried it yet myself, so do not know whether you have to change the speed every time that you view it or if you can save the new speed.

Comment

Thank you, both of you, for replying to my question. Mij, the CTRL + SHIFT and + or - does work well. The problem is that you can't save it at the altered speed.

Comment

Yes it would be greatly appreciated if there were some setting where we could set target/min/max speeds for gifs. Another problem with the hotkey is that it only works for the current image even if you don't close the program. If you're going through a folder of gifs that are playing at the wrong speed it's a little frustrating to have to hit the hotkey ~4 times for each image. Thanks!

Comment

MaximillianKohler, I am so glad I'm only working with ONE speedy gif! I can't imagine what I'd do if I had more! Good luck to you!

Comment

Working...
            X