last image left in the background.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last image left in the background.

I had this problem before but I am not sure how I fixed it, I suspect it has something to do with changing windows resolution but I am not sure as I have yet to reinstall my pc and since I change my screen resolution a few times per day how can I fix this problem, the changing the res is causing this problem is an assumption on my part.

Notice on the gif below how as soon as I put it in full screen it keeps showing the last image on the background of the current.

My second question is normally when I used to browse through files on windowed mode the files with too big res used to get fitted to window but now it does which is making life hell because when I click the arrow left right up or down depending on the res it doesnt go to the next image but scrolls up or down the current image and page up and down wont allow me to go to the next page.

Im running version 4.42 64bit on Windows 10 Pro

Thanks for any answers
    Attached Files
    Last edited by icemaster; 16.09.2016, 10:21 PM. Reason: images

uninstalled and reinstalled, the windows mode problem is solved still seeing the last images on the background while in fullscreen mode.

my res : 1920 x 1080

when I switch to 1280 x 720 the problem is gone would really like not to have tu change res to look at pictures in fullscreen.

Comment

Hi;
      Originally posted by icemaster View Post
      when I switch to 1280 x 720 the problem is gone
      Seems that you have a problem with system memory. When you don't have a problem with the lower resolution, you don't have sufficient RAM istalled in your
      system or graphics card for the higher resolution. Or if the graphics card uses Shared Memory, you have to assign more MB to the card.
      Additionally I would install the latest graphics driver.
      Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
      Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

I know my laptop is a little behind times but noway I can play GTA 5 and have chrome playing music videos in the background with no problem and I can't view images because I have too little system memory or my graphics card is not good enough when I only have irfanview running with everything closed... ??

Comment

I also have the problem of the last image remaining in the background on the second screen when doing a slideshow. I'm running Irfanview 4.44 (32 bit), on Windows 10 (64 bit). The problem occurs on the second screen when I use "Extend" or when I use "Second screen only" modes. It does not occur when I use "Duplicate" mode. The problem does not occur if I use the Microsoft Photos program.

**UPDATE**

I tried the 64 bit version of Irfanview with the same result.

Any thoughts on how to fix this would be appreciated.
          Last edited by The Watcher; 03.01.2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Hello,
            I have the same problem with the version 442 and 444, (64 and 32 bit), yesterday I tested it.
            In the version 441 it works alright, except the Add-Button, this has no function.

Comment

Working...
            X