Show small item icon, not Irfanview logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Show small item icon, not Irfanview logo

I hate to ask a dumb question, but how do I get items to show as small icons of the images on the desktop instead of just the red Irfanview 64 logo? This must be a setting, but I cannot find it. Thanks.

It's a Windows Explorer Setting, not an IrfanView setting.

In Windows 10, Explorer open the View menu.

In IrfanView's File Open dialogue, open the drop down menu.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you, Bhikkhu. Just to be clear--I have no problem in File Explorer. The problem is that images I save to my laptop's desktop appear as red Irfanview logos, not as small icons of the saved images. How do I get images that I save to my desktop to appear as small icons of the saved images?

Comment

Try this:

Control Panel > File Explorer Options > View > Always show icons, never thumbnails (uncheck)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ikonce2.png
Views:	1
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	81491
        IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

The problem appears to have been solved. I'm not exactly sure how, but I'm not complaining! Thanks.

Comment

Maybe not. When I create a PNG on my laptop with the Microsoft Snipping Tool and send it to my PC's desktop via my home network, the item appears on the PC desktop as the red Irfanview logo, not a small icon of the item. How do I correct this?

Comment

I am quite sure that this is Windows-related. Did you try to refresh the PC desktop? Perhaps use the disk clean-up tool to remove old thumbnail cache.
              Last edited by Jacal; 27.09.2016, 08:23 PM.
              IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by gogreen View Post
                Maybe not. When I create a PNG on my laptop with the Microsoft Snipping Tool and send it to my PC's desktop via my home network, the item appears on the PC desktop as the red Irfanview logo, not a small icon of the item. How do I correct this?
                What do you mean by "send"? Do you save the snipped graphic as a .png file and then use right-click menu "Send To ..."?
                Is the result on your desktop a link, i.e. does the Irfanview logo contain a small arrow?

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

What do you mean by "send"? Do you save the snipped graphic as a .png file and then use right-click menu "Send To ..."?
                  Is the result on your desktop a link, i.e. does the Irfanview logo contain a small arrow?
                  By "send" I mean that I click on the laptop's "Network" icon and drag the file to my PC's desktop. No, it doesn't have an arrow when it arrives on the PC's desktop, so it's the actual file, not just a link.

Comment

Working...
                  X