Ctrl+S hotkey changes save folder… sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Ctrl+S hotkey changes save folder… sometimes

I recently scanned a lot of old photos into the computer in batches (filling the scanner with 4-6 photos per scan), and now I am trying to cut them all up into separate files.

This is turning out to be more of a chore than I was hoping for. Not only does the auto-crop function not work, but the save folder keeps changing for some reason.

My usual routine is to open a photo, select an area, crop it, then press Ctrl+S to save the cropped photo. However, instead of opening the Save As dialog to the same folder where the original was, often, but not always, it will open it to the parent folder (which is still better than putting them in %localappdata%\VirtualStore\Windows\SysWOW64 where I eventually found some of the original files after scanning).

I tried doing a few tests to see if I can figure out exactly under what circumstances it starts the Save As dialog in the original folder and when it opens in the parent, but could not find any specific, reliable factors. I tried renaming the folder and that seemed to work… sometimes. I tried modifying the photo and that worked… sometimes. I tried not modifying it and that worked… sometimes.

The only thing I can determine for sure is that going through the menu (File->Save As) always works correctly; it is only when using the Ctrl+S hotkey that it is inconsistent.

Ctrl+S is not the hotkey for Save As, it is for Save.

The hotkey for Save As is just S.

Comment

Working...
    X