Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image is too large when viewed

Hello,
    New Irfanview user. When I open .jpg images previously created and long time residing on my computer, many of them (not all) seem to be too large in IrfanView. I have to scroll down to see the lower part of the image. They opened to a "normal" size with my previous viewer FastStone.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Jack
    Attached Files

There's lots of Display options on the View menu. The default is to view images at 1:1

The "f" shortcut will fit images to the desktop. Turn off all resampling to speed up the display of large images.

Check the RAW settings in Properties/Settings, Plugins to make sure that you're seeing the full size images if viewing RAW. By default, IrfanView will load a low resolution preview image, which is recommended for viewing, but not for editing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 16.10.2016, 03:59 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you, Bhikkhu
      It appears that IrfanView is a much more sophisticated program than other viewers. That's good. I just have to go to work and learn it. I appreciate the advice and have copied your post for reference.
      This is off topic, but is there a setting which will email me when one of my posts has a reply?
      Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Jack C View Post
        Is there a setting which will email me when one of my posts has a reply?
        Jack
        Email Options
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X