"Set As Wallpaper" options to match Windows 10 options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested "Set As Wallpaper" options to match Windows 10 options

I would love to see a menu option / key combination to mount the image as the desktop wallpaper with the FILL, FIT and SPAN logic of the Windows 10 environment.
    FILL, especially as it is most often the one I use.

Thank you!

Isn't that already there with Ctrl + Shift + S ?

I wish we could disable these shortcuts as I sometimes change my wallpaper accidentally.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Wallpaper fit option

Windows 10 has some new fit styles for the Wallpaper.

I need the one called Fit (registry WallpaperStyle 6)

Can these new styles be included? I need a proportional fit that fits the vertical dimension of the wallpaper graphic file.

Thank you

Comment

Doesn't Stretched (proportional) Ctrl+Shift+X do what you want?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Set as Wallpaper.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	83114
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Doesn't Stretched (proportional) Ctrl+Shift+X do what you want?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5252[/ATTACH]
          Actually, it doesn't really. When I check it in Win 10 Home Ctrl+Shift+X and /wall=3 sets the wallpaper to center. That does not always give me the right fit. I am using Irfanview 4.51. I need a commandline parameter to select "Fit". /wall= seems to have only 0,1,2 and 3.

As I'm writing this and testing it I notice the problem seems to occur on my main laptop screen which is at 125% Scale. Then the wallpaper is the correct proportion, but too small. Maybe that is the problem.

Thanks

Comment

Perhaps the fix in this Bug Report will also fix your wallpaper scaling issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
              Perhaps the fix in this Bug Report will also fix your wallpaper scaling issue?
              Yes, that worked. Thank you. That would have been hard for me to find.

Comment

This thread is from 2016.

Is it still impossible to disable the "Set as Wallpaper" item?

I also sometimes accidently replace the desktop background with the picture currently opened in IrfanView.

This is all the more annoying since I have no intention of using a picture as background anyway.

Thank you.

Comment

The request to disable the shortcuts goes back to at least 2007. I think that is unlikely to happen, but you could forward the request to Irfan Skiljan again and let us know what he says. See Help, About IrfanView for his email address.

Comment

Working...
                  X