Trying to recover Pictures some of the pictures look encrypted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to recover Pictures some of the pictures look encrypted

I have been trying to recover pictures from my wife's old desk top. I have recovered most of the pictures without any issues. There are still about 2600 pictures that have the same image.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	[004240].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	84841

I have looked at the hex data and the headers look ok. I am not sure if a false header is in place of the original header to show only the "false image". Has anyone ever seen this before? I have attached a few other examples for reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Inside [004240].jpg i see usual photoshop data with thumbnail, hole filled with zeros in offsets 0x6000-0x61ff (i'm sure its cause of that green strip artifact) and some garbage after end of JPEG image from offset 0x7fdd (not affecting image, but some viewers may show warning).

That hole size is 512 bytes (like physical sector on old HDDs) and its offset is a multiple of 512 bytes - hole can be caused by bad sector on dyind HDD.
    Last edited by RottenImp; 31.10.2016, 07:15 PM.
    IV 4.56 32-bit

Comment

Thank you for the info! I was not sure what I was looking at. It just seemed weird the there is so many of them on the recovered HDD. Thank you again! Time to delete some files.

Comment

Working...
      X