"Thumbnails" window: make path combobox editable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested "Thumbnails" window: make path combobox editable

When opening IrfanView Thumbnails I have on the left pane the directory tree. And whenever I want to display the content of a specified folder, I need to click from the very root down to the folder of interest. That's annoying and time consuming. (No, using the Explorer and its context menu on a folder is no alternative.)

It would be a lot easier if the combobox at the top wouldn't be a fixed list. If I could just input the path there (either typing it myself or pasting clipboard content) and hit the ENTER key to browse that very folder it would save me a lot of hassle. Implementing it leads to two situations:
    1. Input needs to be checked, of course: the path being typed in might not exist. In that case, just show a MsgBox with the appropriate Windows error (3 = path not found).
    2. Preferably don't auto-expand the whole directory tree to the folder in question. Most of the times I just don't need it to be expanded, and given how large folders can get, it would also be time consuming until the tree has finished browsing to said folder. In doubt, add an option to your "Properties/Settings" where every user can choose for himself. Trust me: when a folder has 50'000+ entries and you're going thru dozens of those time is a factor.

I can also explain this in German, if needed.

Support!

I wish for that also because I just want to copy the path from this field instead of having to go through the "Open in Windows Explorer ..." context menu item.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Working...
    X