No announcement yet.

Screen Capture Option 5 doesn’t work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Screen Capture Option 5 doesn’t work!

I just installed the latest Irfanview 64 on my Windows 7 laptop.
    Screen Capture Option 5, where I sweep out an arbitrary rectangle with the mouse,
    produces a solid black image in the Clipboard.

It's working fine here. Have you installed the updated plugins too?
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Works fine here, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
      Which option did you set in 'After the capture'? Show in Iview, save to disk? Maybe you just didn't notice that capture works because you didn't notice the result.
      Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
      Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

I've installed IV 4.42 in my laptop 64-bit, WinPro SP1, and it happen the same. I'm using Option 5, and tried with all of them, and after the capture, the first option "show captured image en main window", and the result is the same ... a nice black picture

With the old versión of IV it worked fine. Any idea? Thanks in advance..

Comment

Do all the other Options work with whatever it is you are trying to capture?

Comment

Hm, that is misterious.
            Die you draw an rectangle or just click twice?
            If you did everything right (click START, draw an rectangle around the desired part of the screen, click again when the rectangle is right), the part of the screen should show up in Iview. If it does not, I'd get and install the latest driver for the graphics card of that laptop.
            Does the graphics card use Shared Memory? Then it might help to increase the amount of memory for the card.
            Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
            Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Working...
            X