4.42 - text outlining causes Chinese symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed 4.42 - text outlining causes Chinese symbols

I wanted to make a meme of the movie Dogma with my favorite moment of that movie. The text had to end with "that one out" and here comes the problem - when outlining was selected, instead of "that one out" I got the word "that" and some Chinese symbols after it. I tried decreasing the size of the font and the Chinese symbols were replaced by a small rectangle with a very small text inside it. I've seen rectangles like that and they usually appear when the encoding can't be recognized. However, in my case the encoding wasn't the problem because the text was in English and I had chosen "Western" script.
    With the same settings but without outlining the text appeared as "that one out" without any funny characters added. This leads me to the conclusion that outlining causes a strange bug. Here are screenshots of the bug and on the second screenshot you can see the small rectangle I mentioned. The second time I reproduced this bug there was no small text inside the rectangle but that geometric shape still remains in the result.

Last edited by SGC; 07.11.2016, 01:11 PM. Reason: changing prefix

My results vary. The text string may be too long. You could work around it by using two text strings.

I see that you chose "Pending" for the bug status. It should normally be "Reported," unless you already sent a report to Irfan Skiljan and got a reply from him.

If you have not done so, then please send a report telling him which version of IrfanView you're using, whether you have enabled Unicode Plugins, and your OS.

Please update your forum signature too. The current version is 4.42.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      My results vary. The text string may be too long. You could work around it by using two text strings.

I see that you chose "Pending" for the bug status. It should normally be "Reported," unless you already sent a report to Irfan Skiljan and got a reply from him.

If you have not done so, then please send a report telling him which version of IrfanView you're using, whether you have enabled Unicode Plugins, and your OS.

Please update your forum signature too. The current version is 4.42.
      If the string were too long, it wouldn't display the whole text when I removed outlining. Considering it does display the whole text when I deselect outlining, I'd say this is a bug.

Comment

As you may have noticed, I changed the thread status to Confirmed
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X