Wrong colors in 32bit version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong colors in 32bit version

I noticed that the 4.42 32bit version of irfanview displays and saves some colors slightly wrong. The 4.42 64bit version doesn't seem to have this problem. I've attached the same image saved in both versions and the differences (white=diff, black=same). The 64bit version is correct (what I expect) the 32bit version is not. There are some plugins I want to use that only work in the 32bit version right now.

So what is going on here? Bug or some kind of special 32bit setting I've missed? I think I use the same settings in both versions.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mechaskrom; 12.11.2016, 06:33 PM. Reason: formatting

Why don't you provide the source image? If I resave your 64-bit version, using 32-bit version, under a different name, I get an identical image.
    IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

The 64bit version image is identical to the source image. If I save it under a different name in the 64bit version it doesn't change, but if I do the same thing in the 32bit version it changes. Or to summarize:
      -I resave image from 64bit version in 64bit version = identical image
      -I resave image from 64bit version in 32bit version = different image

And this seems to happen to most images, not just this one.

If you got identical images from both versions I suppose there is something wrong on my side, but what? I would really like to figure out the cause of this.

Comment

- compression level: 9 (should not matter)
        - save transparent colour: disabled
        - use PNGOUT plugin: disabled
        IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Those settings did no effect, but I've done some more testing and I think I found the cause:
          -Enable the "Try to improve gamma for Resample" option in the "Resize/Resample image" dialog.
          -Use some option in "View->Display options (window mode)" that will resize image on open e.g. "Fit only big images to window".

This will change colors in both the 32bit and 64bit version. Seems like a bug to me. Irfanview should not change images just by viewing and saving them. Could others try this with the attached "suikoden2 irfanview 4.42 64bit.png" image and see if they can reproduce the result?

Comment

Working...
          X