• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Screen Problem! Help!

I have the latest version of Irvanview 4.42 32 bit
    Windows 10
    with Adobe 8BF Plugins

I am trying to use the "Perspective" feature for making a Rug look like it is on the floor. As I use Studio designer software for my industry.

I have downloaded the latest version of Irvanview with the plug in's (see Above)

I really need somebodies help!

When I "Open" - Selecct my jpeg picture of a rug. It opens in the center of the black screen.

When I try to "Crop" another black screen pops up with the "Browse Subfolders" box. I have to cancel and then escape to get out of this screen, an start over and over and over.

When watching my Webinars created by Minutes Matter which is industry pacific to Custom Workrooms. When using Infanview, the same updated version. When they "Open" and select their Jpeg. THe jpeg appears larger, in a different grey box (not centered in the black screen), with the jpeg to the left hand side. This is important for me to fix, as I have to "Crop" images of fabric inorder to import to my studio software for pattern matching .

I do hope I have made my question understandable, I have watched hours of how to's on utube, webinars etc. Nobody seems to have this problem or covers it.

Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it

Sewgood2

Please fill in your forum profile.

Most plugins only work with 32-bit IrfanView (recommended). Unless you need to work with very large images, there are no advantages to using the 64-bit version.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I believe the black screen I am referring to is called "the Canvas" I cannot seem to find anybody that knows what I am on about???

Comment

It looks to me like you are in full-screen mode. In this mode left-clicking into the image IrfanView will move to the previous image in the folder or, if your image is the first or only one, the "select subfolder" menu pops up.

Try pressing ENTER before you make a selection for cropping. This should take you out of full-screen mode.

Also check IrfanView properties whether you have set IrfanView to open in full-screen mode by default.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Thank you, jazzman I think you are correct. You smart! On looking at proprties full-screen is NOT selected by default. I tried the pressing ENTER beore selecting for cropping that brought up another nasty black screen.
          Attached Files

Comment

I have attached screenshots to help me explain my problem

Screen 1 MM Webinar screen shot.pdf this first screenshot is of the webinar I am watching - what I am needing to get to!

My screenshot on opening File selecting rug.pdf this second screenshot is of the SCREEN I AM GETTING, following the exact same steps as the webinar above. file, open, select image. (jpeg)

My second screen.pdf this third screenshot is of the SECOND SCREEN I AM GETTING, when using the arrow for cropping. I have pressed ENTER before cropping it stil brings me to this screen.

I have gone to PROPERTIES and the FULL-SCREEN box in UNCHECKED!

What do I do to change the settings to get to the first screenshot.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, that didn't work iether. My version is the latest version. I am using Windows 10.

thank you all for your help so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Sewgood2 View Post
              [ATTACH]4545[/ATTACH] this second screenshot is of the SCREEN I AM GETTING, following the exact same steps as the webinar above. file, open, select image. (jpeg)...
              This one looks perfectly good to me - making a selection with the mouse should be possible IMO.

I haven't got your setup (Win10, Irfanview 4.42 32bit), so I can't test your situation.

I assume you want to crop away the narrow grey border around the rug, right?

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Working...
              X