X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Full-screen mode doesn't work well

Hi,

I use Windows 10, 64-bit.
    IrfanView version: 4.42 (tried both 32-bit and 64-bit versions).

Settings -> Full Screen / Slideshow:
    * I chose the recommended option (2), but tried several others too
    * The "Center Image on Screen" checkbox is off

Bug:
    When I open an image in full-screen, if only fits a small part of the screen, and most of it is black (which is my background color). This happens with both horizontal and vertical images (tried only .jpg files).
    The images are much bigger than the screen, e.g. 2988x5312 pixels, while the screen resolution is 1024x768 pixels.
    If I try to zoom-in, the picture is indeed zoomed, but still, only part of the screen is used.
    When not in full-screen mode, then the IrfanView window covers the whole screen.
    Let me know if any information is missing.

This makes it difficult to browse through the photos...

Please fix.

Thanks,
    Slavik

I see no bug here. The option does what it says. If you're viewing portrait images, there will be a large black strip either side. If you'r viewing landscape images there may be a smaller black strip.

If you wish to use the whole screen, use option 1, but some of the picture will be cropped.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Attached is a screenshot of my full screen. As you can see, there's a black on the right and also at the bottom, while I expected to see the black area only on the right OR at the bottom - not both.
      Attached Files

Comment

This is what I see in 64-bit IrfanView, with large images using Option 2 with these settings.

What settings are you using?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 25.11.2016, 01:29 PM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

On your computer looks like it's working properly. Now I want it to work well on mine :-)

Attached is a screenshot of my settings.
          Attached Files

Comment

Maybe the images are not the size that you think they are?
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 12.07.2017, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Are the display multiplier settings (top right of Fullscreen/Slideshow display dialog) set to 100%?

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
                Are the display multiplier settings (top right of Fullscreen/Slideshow display dialog) set to 100%?
                Yes. The settings dialogue is attached to the previous post.

I can only guess that a Raw file is opening with a thumbnail preview.

Comment

Working...
                X