Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change Link from Google.com to Google.de possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Link from Google.com to Google.de possible?

When I click in the EXIF info box on the "Show in Google Maps" buton, my browser Chrome opens "Google.com". As I dont have the newest version of Chrome, the Google.com map is not movable, it is static. When I copy the same link into "Google.de" everything is okay and I can increase the scale and move the position.
    For several reasons I do not want to update my Chrome.
    Is there any way to change the address of the link from google.com to google.de?

I don't know if there would be any solution in IrfanView as it's a browser issue. Try Opera founder, Jon von Tetzchner's Vivaldi Browser. It uses the Chromium rendering engine so should behave like the latest Chrome browser, but without most of the privacy issues.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

No way I know of to change that in Irfanview.
      Since it is a Chrome/Google Maps problem you would probably be better asking in a forum there about how to redirect to a different version of Google maps.

I use Firefox browser, not Chrome, but do sometimes find that the map position seems to be locked initially. I usually then click on "Earth" view and drag a short way on the satellite image. When I return to "Map" view I usually find that the position is now unlocked.

You can also choose "Show in GeoHack Wiki" in the Exif box and go to Google maps from there. You do have the option to open direct in Satellite view from that.

Comment

Working...
      X